Auto Insurance FAQs

Auto insurance is a requirement if you have a car loan or are leasing and, in the state of Michigan, you must at least carry liability insurance. At Bachmann Insurance Agency in Flushing, MI, we make sure that all of our customers are in compliance with the state laws and also that they have the right insurance for their vehicle and their situation. 

Auto Insurance FAQs

What does comprehensive insurance cover?

Comprehensive insurance is called non-collision coverage. It covers a lot of different types of things that could damage your vehicle, including theft and vandalism. Weather issues such as strong winds, floods, hail, and lightning are covered by comprehensive coverage. It also covers for damage from a fire or a large animal like a deer hitting your vehicle. 

What are the Michigan auto insurance requirements?

Basic auto insurance in Michigan is 20/40/10. It is liability coverage. It translates to $20,000 for the first person hurt in an accident with a total of $40,000 for two or more people injured. That leaves $10,000 for damage to property. 

Does my auto insurance cover me or my vehicle? 

Auto insurance covers the vehicle. So, if you allow someone to drive your vehicle, they are covered by your insurance. If you drive someone else’s vehicle, their insurance covers you. 

Can adult children remain on the family policy?

If your adult child still lives at home, it is not a problem for them to stay on the family policy. If you have an adult child who is away at college and they have not changed their permanent address or is driving a family vehicle, it is fine to remain on the policy. Always check with your insurance agent to make sure. Some insurance companies have different rules about who can be on your policy. 

Give Us A Call

Contact Bachmann Insurance Agency in Flushing, MI for all your auto insurance requirements.